The main features of leaflet distribution are efficiency and reaching potential customers directly. In order to accomplish both of these, it is important to choose the target area carefully. It will determine whether the Kent leaflet distribution campaign will be a success or a failure. It is not enough to simply choose a random crowded place as the target area for leaflet distribution. Though it could yield results, it is not very efficient. Whether it is a mail or door to door leaflet distribution, there are a lot to consider before you can choose the right target area. Here are some tips on how to choose your target area for the campaign.
- Know your customers demographics – By identifying your customers clearly, you will know to a certain extent the demography of your customers.This can help you identify which places your customers often hang around or what activities or places interest them. For example, if you’re aiming at business men, there are plenty of serviced offices in Liverpool street by Loc8 Commercial, where people will be to take leaflets. You can integrate both customer and market analysis to your advantage.
- Use customer analysis – You can have a business expert help you identify the demography of your customers. You will know their gender, age, interests, occupation, affiliation and many more. Once you know these, you will have some basis on which places most of your potentially customers congregates.
- Use market analysis – Aside from customer analysis, market analysis is also important. It can provide you a picture on how much of the product or services customers usually have, the frequency and which season the market will demand more from your company.
- Know the demographics in every neighborhood – Since you are aiming to select a target area to directly reach potential customers, you need to know the demographics in every location which your business operates.
- Use statistics – You can check the statistics to compare which neighborhood most of your customers live in order to maximize the leaflet distribution campaign. There are different statistics and surveys which can provide useful information to help you determine the ideal target area.
- Use observation – Do not trust all surveys and statistics especially if you got it online. It is better to verify the information by visiting the neighborhood to see if all the claims and data are correct.
- Conduct case studies – It is never a bad practice to have too much data. Conduct a case study if you have some funds to spare.
- Use existing data – You can use existing data to help you jump start the case study such as narrowing the size or location for the research.
- Use professional and appropriate researchers – If there are no surveys or statistics existed which you can use to your advantage, it is better to hire an expert who will conduct a case study for your business.
If your budget is limited, try focusing on the target area with the most number of potential customers. If you have some funds to spare, you can run the campaign on several target areas to maximize the effect and chance for profit.